The Knox County Courthouse is a historic building at 300 Main Street in Knoxville, Tennessee. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. The Knox County Courthouse was built in 1885 by the Knoxville firm of Stephenson and Getaz, reportedly from plans prepared by Palliser & Palliser, Architects, of New York City. The cost of construction was approximately $82,000.00, with $1,278.20 paid for the plan of the building. The Courthouse committee was directed in 1886 to employ someone to keep the new clock in order, and a 2,500 pound bell was installed in the same year. New wings were added to each side of the courthouse when the Court voted to make funds available for that purpose in July of 1919.
Photo Gallery: Old Knox County Courthouse