Today’s photo is of a Southern Railway caboose that is sitting in front of the old Southern Depot in Loudon, TN. With the advent of the railroad in 1848, Loudon rapidly began to grow. Between the years of 1852 and 1856, a railroad bridge was built across the Tennessee River. The bridge opened for traffic on March 17, 1855. Soon after, the depot was built just south of the railroad bridge. The building now houses the Loudon County Chamber of Commerce.