Throughout your life, many people will look to you as a role model. You will influence those around you each and every day. Your family, friends, co-workers, church members, and even strangers. What sort of role model will you be? How will you influence their life?
The famed scientist and inventor George Washington Carver once wrote down what he called the “eight cardinal virtues”. Use these virtues to be a better role model.
- Be clean both inside and outside.
- Neither look up to the rich nor down on the poor.
- Lose, if need be, without squealing.
- Win without bragging.
- Always be considerate of women, children and old people.
- Be too brave to lie.
- Be too generous to cheat.
- Take your share of the world and let others take theirs.